The Fuel Project
Currently the British Gas Energy Trust are funding a project to target fuel poverty in the fourteen most deprived areas of the UK. Nottinghamshire was highlighted as one of the areas for the project.
Advice Nottingham (a partnership of local advice services) are running the project with four part-time advisors based at three different advice centres (Bestwood - North Nottingham, The Meadows - South Nottingham and St Anns - Central Nottingham).
The project is focused in Greater Nottingham, but referrals from people living in Nottinghamshire can also be taken
The following services can be offered:
· Fuel Debt advice and telephone support for clients with fuel debt
· Applications to British Gas Energy Trust to pay off gas and electricity arrears for British Gas customers
· Limited Trust Fund Applications for EDF and Npower Customers through Charis Grants Scheme
· Referrals to advice agencies for clients with general debt.
. In exceptional circumstances support to purchase white goods and boiler repair/replacement
. Energy efficiency advice for all fuel debt clients
· Signposting to free insulation and boiler replacement schemes for all fuel debt clients
· Available to all residents at risk of fuel poverty/in fuel poverty/in fuel debt.
We have provided a handful of case studies to show how people have benefited from using the fuel project
If you think the fuel project can help you please use the referral form (button below) to make use of the available support or contact us directly.